2nd Annual Symposium on Solid Waste Refinery (2nd ANSWER)
This Symposium is an annual event and now is becoming a part of conference series presented by Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) collaborating with Indonesian Solid Waste Forum (ISWF). ANSWER is one of the routine events of ISWF as the coordination platform all solid waste experts which mostly based on universities. ISWF aims to promote self-sustainable universities in treating their own solid waste. This goal is a difficult challenge for an educational institution since lack of funding as well as staffs in handling the MSW. Thus this annual event is become an important meeting point for all ISWF member institution as well as other experts for sharing their knowledge as well as problems in MSW treatment.
ANSWER has objectives:
- To establish an experience and knowledge sharing platform to promote universities toward self sustainable institution in solid waste treatment.
- To formulate an international strategic plan for solid waste management towards a sustainable livelihood.
- To explore and disseminate emerging technology and methods in solid waste treatment.
- Become a reference center in the field of technology in processing solid waste and waste into high-quality chemicals, fertilizers, renewable energy and other high-value materials.
The symposium topic includes but not limited to:
- Green technology
- Cleaner production
- Pollution prevention
- Physical separation and pre-treatment
- Physical and chemical characterization method
- Energy production: solid waste to energy
- Solid waste thermal treatment
- Bio-conversion of solid waste
- Agricultural bio-product recycle and reuse
- Fertilizer production from natural resources
- Municipal solid waste emerging technology
- Urban Mining
- Life cycle assessment of MSW treatment
- Life cycle analysis